White Turkey Chili recipe
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 35–40 MINS
Ingredients to make White Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- cup (115g) frozen chopped onions
- 1 tsp frozen chopped garlic
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- cup (175g) frozen mixed peppers
- cups (480ml) low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup (80g) canned or frozen sweetcorn (drained if canned)
- ½ cup (95g) canned red kidney beans, drained 1 tbsp low-fat crème Fraiche
How To Make White Turkey Chili
Lighter Serve: Over Cauliflower Rice with fresh coriander sprinkled over
Family Serve: Over brown rice with a spoonful of natural yoghurt and fresh coriander sprinkled over
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add the turkey mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook, stirring regularly, until
- Add the flour and spices to the pan and stir to combine, then add the peppers and chicken stock and stir Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and leave to cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Once the chili has thickened and reduced, add the sweetcorn and kidney beans, stir and leave to cook for a final 5 Stir the crème fraîche through the chili and remove the pan from the heat.
Make it Veggie!
To make this suitable for vegetarians, swap the turkey mince with fresh or frozen plant-based mince and cook the chilli in the same way. Plant-based mince tends to cook quicker than meat, so adjust the cooking time according to packet instructions.
The chilli is now ready to serve with your choice of accompaniments.
Leave the chilli to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a large, labelled freezer bag and freeze flat for up to 3 months.
TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN
This can be defrosted in the fridge overnight and then reheated in a pan until piping hot, or cooked from frozen. If cooking from frozen, tip the chilli into a large pan, cover with a lid and place over low heat. Cook, removing the lid occasionally and breaking it up with a spoon as the mixture defrosts until it is fully defrosted and piping hot all of the way through.