Turkey Wrapped Leek And Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Turkey Wrapped Leek And Cheese Stuffed Chicken is Another great stuffed chicken breast recipe that can be made ahead and kept in the freezer for an easy supper that can be on the table quickly but feels special enough to serve to guests. Prepping these is the work of moments, so why not double up and make a big batch for the freezer?
PREP: 10–15 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup (30g) low-fat, pre-grated cheddar cheese
- 8 rashers turkey bacon
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How To Make Turkey Wrapped Leek And Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Lighter Serve: Sliced into a salad or served with seasonal vegetables
Family Serve: New potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Place a chicken breast flat on a chopping board and press down with the palm of your Working from the thickest end of the breast, insert a sharp knife two-thirds of the way through the meat, and carefully slice down the length to the thinnest end to create a pocket. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Put the chopped leek, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and a grinding of salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the leek and cheese mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast, then wrap each breast with 2 slices of turkey bacon, using a couple of cocktail sticks to secure the bacon, if
Lay the stuffed chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking tray, then transfer to an oven preheated to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for 30–35 minutes, until cooked through, tender and juicy. Serve hot with your choice of sides.
Transfer the uncooked stuffed chicken breasts to a large, labeled freezer bag and freeze flat for up to 3 months.
TO COOK FROM FROZEN
Remove the stuffed chicken breasts from the freezer and leave to defrost fully in the fridge, ideally overnight, then cook as described in the To Cook section, left, ensuring the chicken is piping hot all the way through before serving.